Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Mommy's Day

Mother's day was a great day this year.  The weather was wonderful and I got to spend the day with my beautiful girls and family.  Being a mom is one tough job, but a job that I am so thankful to have.  A hug, a kiss, a smile -- they can all melt your heart and make your day better instantly!
 
 The girls and I before church
 
After church we had lunch at my Mom and Dad's house.
Nana and her girls
 

 
After lunch we gave Nana her presents.  We made her a tree using each of the grandkids handprints.  We also made wooden blocks that spell out We Love NANA with each of the kids holding a letter or the word love.  I can't seem to figure out where those pictures are right now.  They turned out really cute and I plan on making more in the future.  Thanks to Jackie for finding the idea and directions!
 The girls also made Nana a special book with drawings and paintings.  I also had them answer questions and finish sentences about Nana.  Pretty funny finished product!
 
After my Mom and Dad's we headed over to Grandpa and Grandma's house where Grandma opened her presents.  Surprise, Surprise!  Same thing as Nana ;)
 

 
Our family is so lucky to have two great moms to take care of us! Not only are Brian and I very lucky to have you as moms, our children are so blessed to be able to call you Nana and Grandma.  Thank you for everything you do and for always giving so much of yourselves.  We love you very much!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to see some updated posts. Truthfully, I can't imagine how you ever find the time to do this. I have always enjoyed reading about you and your lovely, wonderful family.
Sincerely,
Dorothy from Girard